Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weekend Update

I’m sure you all missed me this weekend. Sorry I didn’t update yesterday, I was too busy doing what else but getting lost! 

Yesterday, Danielle, Nicole and I (again, DNI) decided we wanted to go into Central London.  Central London is about half an hour to forty five minute train ride depending on what trains are running.  We are supposed to take the District Line but when fate is against us, which is usually, we have to figure out another way. Luckily, the District Line was running!

Once we figured out which train we were getting on, we sat down across from some random people. See if you can spot what made us giggle.

DSCF0309

The guy is wearing Acid Wash jeans with elastic around the foot.  The 80’s called, they want their pants back!

Finally, we got into Central London and got off at the Tower Hill stop. We walked out into the street and were greeted with:

DSCF0311

This ladies and gents is the Tower of London!!!!!!!!!!!!  We were very sneaky too, we only had to pay for one ticket to get DNI in.  See, D’s neighbour Brandi had a card that allowed for free access to certain historic places and her other neighbour had a temporary card that allowed the same thing. So they were wonderfully nice enough and let us borrow the cards.  DI used them and then the three of us split the cost of N’s ticket. Yay us!

We had a great time in the Tower, if you ever have the chance to go to London, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go to the Tower. It is wonderful! There is so much history there. You can visit the Bloody Tower, where the two princes disappeared in 1483 and were thought to have been murdered by their uncle, King Richard III.  Two skeletons were found under the White Tower while it was being renovated. If you want to find out more, go here

Also, while in the Tower, we got to check out some armour used by previous kings. I liked King Henry VIII because his just made me laugh.

DSCF0334

This is just a close up of his crotch…do you think he was trying to impress anyone?

I must also include a picture of the Tower Bridge because it’s so pretty. I probably took a hundred of them.

Tower Bridge

 

 

After we left the Tower, we wandered looking for somewhere to eat that was cheap.  We decided to head to Convent Gardens and look around that area for something.  On our way, we had to walk about a mile underground from the underground train station stop we got on at to the one that would take us to our train. It was ridiculous, we walked down one flight of stairs, then down another. Then we walked up a flight of stairs, then we walked down another. Then we finally got there. When we got off the train, we saw a thing that said stairs or the elevator.  We thought, we aren’t lazy, we’ll take the stairs. DON’T EVER TAKE THE STAIRS! 193 steps later, we were at the top. It was quite the workout. Mine and Danielle’s legs were killing us after our 5.6 mile walk yesterday on top of the stairs.

We walked around for about an hour looking for a good place to eat when we finally decided to get some food from Tesco’s which is like a little convenience store/gas station.  It was the best dinner ever. 

Went back to Convent garden to buy some souvenirs and I bought this for myself:

DSCF0389

It was quite cool.

We finally got home around 7 and went grocery shopping quickly then spent the rest of the night at home and nice and cozy. 

Today, Danielle and I tried to find a library to go use free wifi but of course, we got lost and couldn’t find our way around but we did find Iceland which was nice and cheap for good food. 

 

And last but not least, I’ve had a cold since Thursday and I’m almost kind of hoping I don’t get called into work tomorrow. That would be really nice.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Rachel, you are SO funny. :D
    Like, I love the close-up crotch. That almost killed me.
    And you've definitely convinced me to visit the tower if I ever make it up to England!
    So cool...
    <3

    ReplyDelete