Thursday, November 25, 2010

Update! Update! Get your update!

I’ve been having a really good week. *Knock on wood*  I started out spending half an hour in a bunch of different classrooms in DB, a school that I wasn’t a big fan of the first time I was there because of the “All Day Art Project” we were supposed to have.  However, this time, it was much more enjoyable.  I had to cover a class for a teacher in the afternoon by myself and sheesh, they were chatty.  Not too horrible, I just don’t have the heart to yell at the kids all the time or not be nice to them like some of the teachers here are. 
Tuesday through today, I was in TAP.  It was only supposed to be Tuesday and Wednesday but the teacher was sick again today so they called and asked for me! Yay! Those kids were cute so I didn’t mind going back. 

On the bright side! I got a care package today from home!
DSCF0451

Yum, there were 8 boxes of Mac & Cheese, cough medication for the AM and the PM, Advil, a tooth brush, toothpaste, cough drops and Sudafed! YAY FAMILY! You are awesome.


Also, finally got my bulletin board hung up so I thought I’d show you what that looks like.

DSCF0452

And the corner opposite this has some things kids have made me already.

DSCF0453 

DSCF0454 

This is a bear that every school was celebrating? using? to raise awareness against child abuse. You had to pay 50p or L1 (One pound) to wear spots and the best decorated child from each class got a prize.


I think that’s all for the past few days, I’m excited for the weekend because we’ll be celebrating Thanksgiving as a house since there are so many Americans. We’ve got two turkeys coming, pies, potatoes, casseroles, bread. Can’t wait! 



Enjoy Thanksgiving today my American friends! I wish I was celebrating with you!

1 comment:

  1. It's the "Children in Need" bear. It's some sort of telefundraising time that they always release Doctor Who clips at :D

    ReplyDelete