Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Reception=Love

Yesterday, I had another day off and was told that tomorrow(now today) that I would be going to cover a bunch of different classes in Year 1/Reception.  It was so much fun!

Problem was, I didn’t wake up till 7:15 when I wanted to be up and moving already at that time.  I wouldn’t have woken up at all but thankfully Allan called me by mistake to tell me I had another job.  Once I got moving, Janice knocked on my door and she, Dean her partner and I walked to the bus stop together.  Janice and I were going to the same school and Dean worked nearby so it was win win situation!

I started off the day in Year 1 where we had an assembly for the first hour. My problem was a few minutes after talking to my sister on Skype before I got to the school, I rubbed my eye and LOST my contact! It was horrible! I could tell it was in my eye because it hurt. I  had to read off the register with one eye shut basically because I am practically blind without my contacts.  Once we got the kids down to the assembly hall, the TA was kind enough to watch the kids for me while I went and tried to fix my contact. Which I did.

Then after the assembly during which we had a visiting poet who was quite good, I taught maths and then the kids went outside.  When they got back, I was in a different classroom teaching the same maths class. Then we went to lunch and I went to Reception.  Reception is pretty much American for Nursery School.  I got to play with the kids and read a few books. It was great! The kids were really fun.

Tonight, we’re going to a tree lighting ceremony in Romford and a possible Harry Potter look-a-like contest. I just want to go and see the tree lighting! It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment