Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving in the UK

Obviously, this doesn't happen as a national holiday, that's just silly.  I do miss it however.  There are a bunch of Americans, some Canadians and even fewer other foreigners who are celebrating Thanksgiving on Saturday as a group. It's nice that when we are so far away from home, we can still get a group together to celebrate and have a good time. 

Also, thank you to the wonderful people who sent me care packages! I just discovered last night I may have to pay VAT on them when I pick them up.  You thought NYS had bad taxes? A guy in the house picked up a package and had to pay 92 pounds for it! Yikes!  Lesson learned, if I send anything to anyone or vice versa, write GIFT on the customs ticket or on the package itself.  It will save people money in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment