Sunday, December 5, 2010

Yay Art!

Just wanted to share a picture with you from Thanksgiving.  Nicole and I fought over the wishbone and I won! So yes, here you go.

london 352

Also, we’ve had a ton of snow days in our borough. I just wanted to show you a picture of just how much snow we’ve had. This is courtesy of Danielle, it’s in the morning so all the cars haven’t been cleared off.  THIS is the snow that’s made at least five schools a day close.

london 359

On that note, I had two days off this week so on Thursday I decided to make a snow man in my window since Stephanie had one across the way.  I named him Mark. He was my buddy.

DSCF0487

Saturday, I looked out my window and saw what was left of Mark. I was devastated.

Pic_1204_024

We’ve also got a swimming pool starting in the front of our house on the second floor because the snow was bad? and the roofs weren’t the greatest.

DSCF0488

 

The rest of Saturday consisted of Danielle and I going into Central London, by ourselves, might I add. Instead of taking the bus to Barking and taking a train to Central London which is the EASIEST way to go, we had to go on a bus to Romford, from Romford to Stratford via a train, from Stratford to the Central line, from the Central line to the Northern Line and from there to Trafalgar Square.  The reason for this run around?  Four of the seven lines running into and around Central London were closed in parts. Guess which parts…oh that’s right, the East London parts.

Our whole point of going to Trafalgar Square was to go to the National Gallery.  We finally got to the square and took pictures of the fountains and everything in it. 
Once we were done, we looked at each other and said, “Right, now what street are we on because we need to find the National Gallery.” 
I looked up and said, “What are we looking for again?”
Danielle said, “The National Gallery.”
I pointed up straight ahead.  We’d been there the whole time, we just hadn’t noticed in our excitement.

On our way up, we ran into a guy who had a sign that said “FREE HUGS”.  Danielle went first and got a hug, and I followed. I like hugs Smile

DSCF0495

We had a good time walking around the Gallery.  We left around 5:30 and walked following the Thames.  We passed 6 bridges by the time we got to where we wanted to be.  We crossed the Millennium Bridge (The one that gets destroyed in Harry Potter), and we crossed back at Danielle’s favourite bridge to get to the tube station we wanted to be at.  We managed to get home safely and then spent the rest of the night watching Scoop.

1 comment:

  1. As I told you on fb. I've been there!!!! I was at trafalger square the same time of year and it looked like that with. yay! i remember going to the national gallery too, but I don't remember whats even there.
    aaaannndd that's the love actually bridge too!!! that's what I called it. It was near the tate modern and there was a giant spider sculpture nearby. Just thought I would share!
    And in case you haven't figured out who this is, it's Tara. Hope you're having lots of fun!
    p.s. Thats like no snow... they would really be in for a surprise if they came to syracuse!

    ReplyDelete