Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I'm alive!

9 days till I'm HOME AGAIN! Not that I'm excited or anything.   Not looking foward to the trek at all.  I'm going to leave BC by 8am to catch the train to Heathrow.  Then I've got to wait around till 3 pm for my first plane of the day to take off.  Then I land in Toronto, wait for a plane to Chicago, then take a plane to SYRACUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this is what I've been up to.

Friday night was fun, the new Nanria was entertaining and it had Caspian in it. (YAY!)

Saturday, Danielle and I went to Winter Wonderland and met up with a bunch of people from TimePlan.  We went ice skating! I'm waiting for Danielle to get her pictures up but we had a great time.  I went ice skating for half the the allotted time we had (an hour).  I did not fall ONCE! For those of you who know what I'm like on solid ground, that's an amazing feet.  When we were done, we met up with Kristi and Sarah, two girls from Chicago and we walked around the market.  Danielle and I got a waffle on a stick...it was interesting.  Then we wandered waiting to kill time till Janice and Dean, or Jean as we've decided we're going to start calling them (:P) were ready to go to Chipotle.

The four of us girls had to walk through a big part of Lodnon because two tube stops were closed due to congestion.  We walked to Picadilly go get the Picadilly line and we stopped at some cool places on the way.  There wa sa church yard that had a market in it with stuff from all over teh world.  There was a booth wtih stuff from Russia in it, including an old Russian passport.  There was a guy selling stuff from Africa that some of the tribes had made and there was a booth from France.  It was cool to be around so many different cultures.  Finally, we got hungry and found our way to Chipotle.

While we were walking down past Covent Garden, we noticed that there were a LOT of Santa's out.  Turns out it was some city wide bar crawl.  Very nifty.

I ordered just a salad but had all my favourite toppings on it. It was WONDERFUL!! Especially since I didn't hit up Boom Boom before I left home. Then we left and went home.

Sunday, we decided to go to a church with our friend Brandy that a bunch of her friends go to.  Two hours later, we left.  There was a song that went on for 10 minutes.  Apparently, the church is never like that but the leaders were out of town and congegation run services are never what they should be.  Once we got out of church, Danielle and I went to a cafe to get some brunch.  It was pretty decent and cheap, we also spotted some shifty Asian guy selling boot leg DVDs.  He didn't come near us though.

Monday I had off from work, Danielle did too so we just hung out and took it easy cuz Danielle was sick.

Tuesday, I was back at GP and had a great class.  It was Year 3 which I really like.  We got to play my favorite game though, it's called "The Quiet Game".  If I have to ask your class to be quiet so many times, everyone gets to sit for 5 minutes at their seats not talking, and not moving.  I love it.

Today, I got a call from TimePlan, it was Alan checking to see when I was going home because he had  supply position but it was for someone who wasn't leaving before the 22nd.  Luckily I'm going home the 23rd!  It was a Year 5 class in MP which is a good school.  I'm going to be there till next Wednesday.  This means I have a stressful schedule of holiday plays, practices, holiday parties, and a movie day.  Pity me, it is going to be rough. :)

Tomorrow, we're going to an improv singing group thing.  The group is called Scales of the Unexpected.  Check them out here.  It should be fun. Only thing is, the show doesn't start till 9:45 and it's in Central London.  *Gasp!* I'll put up pictures.

Also, speaking of pictures, in honour of Christmas, I decorated my room:




I turned on my home phone, and I know it's upside down, but please take note of the date.  You are reading a blog from the PAST!

Danielle painted my nails to look like snowflakes!!!



Danielle and I after ice skating!

Danielle with the penguin after ice skating

Meanest swan ever! He kept getting in the man's face!


No comments:

Post a Comment