Sunday, December 19, 2010

Scales of the Unexpected

Thursday night, Stephanie, Danielle, Nicole and I went to see Scales of the Unexpected in London. VERY funny. We loved them.

We left BC around 8 pm and had to penguin huddle outside of the train station whilst waiting because we were so cold!

DSCF0513

DSCF0516

It was in the basement of a theatre in Leicester Square and only had room for 50 people. Surprisingly it was packed!

We sat in the front row and this is how close we were to the “stage”

DSCF0517

When the show started, someone stuck their hand out between the curtains and started spraying hairspray to create “smoke” and up the ante about them coming on stage.  When they finally came out, we didn’t stop laughing till the end of the show.

DSCF0518 

DSCF0520

DSCF0521

They came out singing a medley- of Christmas songs. They were great.  They sang songs about New York, which made Danielle and I want to go home. Then this happened.

DSCF0526

DSCF0527

DSCF0528

They went from singing Christmas songs to singing Lady Gaga. It was pretty classy.

Then the last couple of songs involved Big Ian and Little Ian singing about Brian, and a very dirty Christmas mix.

DSCF0532

Brian’s seeing them both.  They both know him so well, even though they both don’t know about the other.

DSCF0533

I may never listen to Christmas songs the same way ever again.

 

We left the show around 11 and got to take the trains from Central London back to Upney and then caught a bus home and finally passed out around 1am.  When I got to school the next day, I had kids telling me, “Miss, you look really tired.”  Thanks kids. Thanks a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment