Sunday, July 31, 2011

Schools out forever!

Okay, well not forever.  But till September 5th! I’m eagerly awaiting August 11th and 20th because my family and Rachel are coming to visit me but in the meantime, lets look at what I’ve been up to!

Danielle’s mom came on July 27th and they left the next day for Paris, Florence and Rome.  According to the reports, avoid Florence but Paris and Rome are great.  Danielle’s mom got me some cool presents!

DSCF1878

Awesome!


The next day, Heavens, Brandy and I went with our friend Carol and her mom and dad to a Titanic exhibit.  Did you know next year it will be 100 years since the sinking of the Titanic?!  We went to the O2 arena which is sunken into the ground and is seen picture behind Heavens.  I had never been before and it’s quite cool.

DSCF1879

Heavens showing her excitement for going to look at old stuff.

DSCF1880

They had grass growing out of the walls on the side walk.  Also, the line represents longitude lines.

DSCF1881

Awesome building.

DSCF1883

The completely random ad that was then re-enacted by Heavens and Brandy.  It was so weird!

This is what happened after the picture was taken because she was drinking his Stella.

DSCF1885

 

DSCF1887

DSCF1889

AND THEN THERE WAS A DINOSAUR!

DSCF1890

Heavens got scared!

DSCF1891

As did I!

We finally reached the Titanic exhibit. It was cool because once you got in to the exhibit, they gave you a ticket with a real passenger’s name on it and at the end, you got to see if you lived or died.  I got Mrs Madeleine Talmage Astor. 

http://www.theo2.co.uk/inside/titanic-the-artefact-exhibition.htmlthe_o2_bubble_titanic_03

DSCF1893

I took a picture of this in the Titanic exhibit because it made me laugh.  An anonymous iceberg looked out….Can icebergs be anonymous?

 

IDSCF1895

Our photo that was taken as we went in. 

DSCF1896

Me with the crew of the Titanic.

 

After we were done looking at the really cool artefacts, we walked around London and did some unspeakable things to Big Ben.

DSCF1897

This isn’t so bad, it’s just Brandy and Heaven’s pointing to it!

DSCF1902

But then I licked it. 

DSCF1904

And Brandy tried to eat it.

DSCF1905

Then Heavens picked her nose with it!

DSCF1906

While we were being complete and total tourists, we found this guy! YAY!

DSCF1907

What’s so cool about this guy you might ask? Look at this wire in his hand.  He’s making this into writing….

DSCF1908

He can make his wire into words.  Brandy got a picture frame that said Legend.  And he just made it! How cool!!!!

DSCF1914

Then I got stuck with these weirdos on the way home.  :)

DSCF1916

Brandy made us stop at this pub outside of the Tower of London. It was quite cool.  The punishment it was named after, not so much.

DSCF1917

DSCF1918

THEY HANGED PEOPLE HERE! Well, okay not really.  But it was a really cool pub.

DSCF1919

And we got Pim’s lemonade.  What a good ending to a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment