Thursday, July 14, 2011

Teaching...half parts frustration and joy.

Three out of the past four days have been SO stressful.  I got the WORST class in a school on Monday.  Lucky me, the class teacher was sick Tuesday and Wednesday too.  I think she was going to be out all week but they were so horrible, I told TP that I did NOT want to go back today.   I had little boys throwing rocks at people, bringing random scraps of metal in from the sidewalk, people fighting, randomly leaving the classroom, they talked over me the whole time, the could not sit still, and they could not stay in their seats.  I was so exhausted every night that Tuesday night, I fought to stay awake till 10.  If you know me, you'll know I'm a huge night owl and would rather get up at 10am then go to bed at 10pm.  But that's how it worked.  Other people in BC have worked with that class before and they all hated them! How sad!


However, I've got good news too!  I was offered a PPA job at HG which is just down the road!  In England, teachers teach all the subjects usually so they don't get specials to plan during.  Instead of planning during gym, a teacher goes into their class for half the day or the whole day and covers the class while they plan.  This happens once a week.  I'm very proud of myself because while there was no interview, they just watched me teach a couple of classes.   One of which was very noisy.  Starting September 5th, I will be working there! So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment