Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Beer Fest!

Today, Heavens, Brandy and I  went to the Great British Beer Festival in Earl’s Court!

GBBF-Logo-2011-200px

Here’s their sweet logo.

Earl’s Court:

3800867102_f8f8f7d28f  Tickets were only £8 but you had to pay for the beer that you drank while there.  Although that wasn’t bad because I got quite a few thirds for the price of 90p.  Yay tasty and cheap alcohol! It was really cool, I like trying new beers and this place really had a ton of it!

DSCF1920

When we first got there, we bought glasses for £3 and then Heavens and I played a game for charity for £2.  I got a duck and she got the fuzzy pink tiara that lit up.

DSCF1922

Here’s all three of us with our cool cups!

DSCF1923

THEY HAD AMERICAN BEERS! I was so excited, the guy next to me was like, “You came all this way to drink American beers?”  And I said, “Yes.” :)  I loved it.  I had a Sierra Nevada IPA and a Saranac Adirondack Lager.  So happy.

DSCF1926
They had a bunch of shirts there for sale, this one made me laugh.

DSCF1927 

Organic Le Butts beer. :)

DSCF1928

Macbeth beer!

DSCF1929

I tried Wild Boar and Kangaroo.  Heavens got a Kangaroo burger and I helped finish it.  It was so good and tender!

DSCF1930

A very good ale!

DSCF1931

These guys looked awesome with their hats.

DSCF1932

We kept getting to the point where we wouldn’t want to drink any more of our current beer because we wanted to try even more!

DSCF1933
Heavens really liked hers!

DSCF1934

And I liked mine! I think it was something with a flowery taste.DSCF1935

Yay drinks!

DSCF1936

YUM! I love this stuff.  Although i wasn’t happy to pay £3.80 for it.

DSCF1937

Brandy and Heavens looking adorable.

DSCF1938

Switch!  Heavens and Brandy looking good.

DSCF1940

Heavens and I.

 

We told a story with our beers.

DSCF1941

Heavens’ beer was really dark. 

DSCF1942

My beer was really light.

DSCF1943

Brandy’s beer was juuuuuuuuuuuuust right.

DSCF1944

Brandy shopping for beer towels.

DSCF1945

Heavens furiously texting Danielle as it has been a LONG 9 days since they’ve seen each other. :P

 

 

We finally called it quits and went home which took a LOT less time than it did to get there.  It took us almost TWO and a half hours to get to Earl’s Court when it should’ve taken us 50  minutes at the most.  The overground tube was being so slow.  The only good thing about it was it had AC.

 

Also, as an end note, MY FAMILY GETS HERE IN 7 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment