Monday, August 8, 2011

Beaches? In London?

On Sunday, Danielle, Heavens, Danielle’s mom and I went into Central London to explore! It wasn’t a very nice day in but that’s okay, we avoided the rain!  Heavens, Danielle and Momma Kevi stayed really late to see a show but I just went home around 4.   We started off by going to Camden Market which wasn’t as cool as Portobello Market but still pretty neat!

DSCF1946

I let Heavens borrow my camera for a bit so I’ve got some silly pictures.

DSCF1947

On the bus on the way!

DSCF1948

Bus ride

DSCF1949

We got bored of going to all the souvenir shops so we just sat on the bridge chatting.

DSCF1951

The buildings had shoes on the outside walls!

DSCF1952

While we were at the bridge, a bird kept whistling so Heavens would whistle back.  This went on for the whole ten minutes or so we were sitting there.  On our way out of the market, we saw that a guy who was working at the booth that’s covered in the grey tent was selling bird call whistles. Heavens had been whistling to him the whole time!

DSCF1953

At the market’s food place, they had THE COOLEST tables.  The seats were the back of motorcycles.  They had tons of them.

DSCF1954

 

After the market, we walked around London, between the four of us, we bought eleven wire frames. So cool! He loved us after. Also, Heavens told me to take Momma Kevi away so she could get a Momma USA frame made for her.  So I told Momma Kevi I had restless legs and had to walk. :)  We went down to see the performers along the Thames.

There was a guy doing a magic show so we stopped to watch.  I texted Heavens to tell her to call me for directions as to where we were when they were done.  She called me and I turned and started waving my arm. 

The guy doing the magic show went, “This woman here seems to have lost control of her arms.  Have you lost control of your arms?” I answered yes and turned around. 

He then said, “Oh! And she’s on the phone too! Mind if I talk to the person?”  He took the phone and said, “Hello, were you just talking to Rachel?  Yeah, she can’t talk right now, she’s watching a show.  But I’ll tell you a joke.  What has small balls and hangs down?”

She answered, “A bat.” 

He said, what has big balls and hangs up?”  Then hung up the phone and handed it back. Everyone was dying.

Heavens said that she kept saying, “What? What does?” They finally found us though yay!


After the magic show, we walked along the Thames and looked at all the cool sand sculptures people were making.

DSCF1955

Like these two girls.  I was quite impressed cuz I can’t even make sand castles very well!

 

Pic_0806_130

These two guys built a massive sand couch and laid out two blankets on either side and played music.  They were pretty nifty.  Here’s their set up. 

Pic_0806_131

Here’s a guy playing the music. 

DSCF1956

The sign they made for donations.

DSCF1957

Website you can go to listen to the music.

DSCF1958

John Lennon hanging out on the couch.

DSCF1959

Guy making a face out of sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment