School ended on Friday and I had a fun last day with the kids. Boy did I have a lot of gifts! I got the Olympic Great Briton Lion, a zebra, lotions, body washes, chocolates, candles(!), a mug, a scarf, flowers, cards(my personal favorite), a necklace from my lovely coworkers, two pens, a notebook, and then from the school, I received a notebook that says “T is for Terrific Teacher Rachel D”, a bracelet, a mirror that is engraved with my name and a message from the school, a small bottle of wine, a mug with the British flag on it, and a team GB Olympic shirt. Needless to say, I had fun carrying it all home!
After school, we got to have a BBQ in the Reception playground to celebrate. Unfortunately, England being England, had lots of rain. So we had to move the party into one of the classrooms. While the party was going on, Kat said her friend Roger had arrived so I went with her to meet him and gather my things to go home. At Upney, one of my bags broke so Roger had to carry a bright pink bag with black polka dots for me. Great first meeting. :) That evening, we went to Ciao Bella for some nice Italian food. It was fun but then I got to go home and crawl into bed!
Saturday I did nothing special during the day, just went to the gym. Saturday night though, was Danielle and Heavens’ going away party in Romford. It was fun!
Sunday was very exciting because the torch went through Dagenham! We got up early, went to brunch and enjoyed the festivities at the park before the torch came through!
They had a Coke bus driving through the park!
And an owl rehabilitation center that was asking for donations. For two pounds you could hold one, I did!
Here’s me and my owl!!! He was cute but then when he looked at you it was creepy!
This one was dancing and it was funny.
There was this woman who was attached to a giant balloon and dancing. It was quite strange.
THE TORCH!! Then, our school paraded by an hour later.
After we were done in the park, Kat, Roger and I went to the Tower of London, the Bavarian Beer house and then went on the Jack the Ripper tour. Good stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment