It’s Friday! Always a great way to de-stress after a long week. A good friend of mine was told his step mother had 12-24 hours to live and it hurt me that I couldn’t be at home to offer any help. Then 6A was simply awful for me on Wednesday, as tends to happen when you are thrown into a classroom with no plans. I was managing alright until 11:00 which,, if you know 6A, is actually a long time. Then I was told I was being called a fat b*tch, that the dress I was wearing showed off my fat rolls, um, which I have none of by the way! The children weren’t listening and were being overall very nasty to each other. So I tried to have a nice sit down talk about how we needed to think about how we speak to each other. This resulted in them making fun of me, so I made them sit with their heads on their desk for 20 minutes and walked out when their classroom teacher walked in.
Their attitude is only partially their fault, the classroom teacher does nothing in terms of discipline or talking to the class. We have had children calling each other prostitutes, talking about being virgins, going around saying they had been raped and were pregnant, stealing food from other children’s lunch boxes, sharing food in the bathrooms, which doesn’t sound awful except for our school is really strict on the food thing because of allergies, and they also had been banned from art on Monday. They cannot behave with any teacher and the classroom teacher refuses to step in because it’s “our fault as teachers we can’t control them.” Even though he’s told me that he is very lax on what rules they follow, to which I responded, yes, but that makes it harder for every teacher that comes in here because they don’t think they have to follow the teacher’s rules.
I am now going to pub club to hang out with friends and have a much better time.
No comments:
Post a Comment