For a while, I’ve been very reluctant to go into Central London on my own, not sure why but I just feel like I would feel super awkward alone. I was so wrong! I went in on Saturday with my Kindle planning to park my butt in, well, Hyde Park. When I got there, I was hungry so I bought some food and had a picnic. Then I decided it was so nice, I was going to walk off my lunch. My walk took me past some Barclay’s Bike Rentals and I had always wanted to try them but had never dared on the scary streets of London! I rented on to ride on in the park and had a blast! It cost £1 to get 24 hours access to the bikes and you got a half hour free every time you took a new bike. I got two bikes. It was so lovely riding a bike through the park! I did get yelled at though because I was on my phone and riding the bike when some guy was trying to pass me and ringing his bell. It wasn’t that I didn’t hear him, I didn’t know where to go! It was confusing! I figured out finally, that I was supposed to pass on the right which was odd.
Here is the bike rental place. There are a lot of them in London.
To get the bike, you need a chip and pin card, which you insert to the big stick machine, they give you a print out with five numbers on it which you then put into the bike and get to take it away!
All the white circles are bike rental spots!
I biked by Kensington Palace which I want to go see at some point!
Some ducks!
This was near Marble Arch, I thought it was an odd statue!
Beautiful flowers in St James’ Park
Sunday, Brandy and I went in to Central to do some egg hunting. We were much more successful this time than last weekend. Unfortunately, the movement was too much for Brandy and she had to leave early as her surgery wound had started bleeding. So I continued on my own.
Here is a picture of an old hospital. It was a cool shot.
Another old hospital, right next to a new hospital!
This building is called the gherkin, because it resembles a giant pickle. I said it was a giant Easter egg and counted it among my finds. :)
Here’s me, being the first to find the egg!
All in all, it was a great weekend! I’m so glad the weather held up and was gorgeous. Hopefully, the weather will stay like this the next few weeks!
Gherkin, huh? I always thought it looked like a pinecone.
ReplyDelete-Kevin