I’m finally doing something that I feel is worth showing up all day at school! Three cheers for Rachel! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Why is this you may ask? Before winter break started, I was literally spending half an hour every day with a group of kids for maths and met with two groups for literacy for forty five minutes twice. Each. It was painful, I had so much in-between time that I was getting very bored.
However, on the Friday before break, I was in a meeting with the year 6 teachers and it was decided that things would change. How? Well, since our groups were based on the Autumn half term assessments and the assessments that just happened had showed progress, for some reason, the groups in place would disband and I would be sent into a class to work with the certain group of children to help them get to level 4 and I would have my own math class. In the afternoons, I would be working on reading comprehension. Good times.
It’s not been too bad so far, I have some characters in my little group. The only thing that makes me sad is I am expected to mark their work hahaha. First not enough work, now I’m complaining about having to do a little.
I have also booked my February half term trip. While I was debating between going to Rome or Morocco, I was invited to go on a trip with my friend Steph and then found out Kat was going along as well! We are going with four others to stay in Budapest for four nights!!! I am very excited, I went to Prague last year and loved it. Budapest is in the same part of Europe so as a result, I have very high expectations.
No comments:
Post a Comment