Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Markets!


Lile
On Saturday, December 11, we went to Lile, France.  It was cool but there wasn’t much to do and it wasn’t as nice as Bruges. :(

PC110057

A Cathedral we poked around.


PC110058

I like my game of “Spot the American flag!”

PC110059

Tiny little square with a Ferris wheel.






Leffe. YUM! We ate at a Leffe Cafe and had two of these bad boys each.

PC110062
Smiles :)

Père Noël


A bunch of Père Noëls


You really can't take us anywhere.

PC110063

Some guy?  I think I was trying to get a picture of the buildings too because they looked so cool.


Yummy!

PC110064
Brandy eating a giant waffle…don’t tell her it’s fake.


Bruges

I went to Bruges for the third time, on December 4.  It’s out of order because I figured you’d all be sick of Bruges pictures by now.  This was a cool trip because a girl who lives in our building actually arranged this for everyone! It was only 40 pounds to go and we had a great time.  Even if some people decided to wear a mini skirt in the middle of winter…
PC040001PC040005
Awesome instrument!

PC040008

PC040009
I climbed up the tower in the center of that building
PC040010
Their market.
PC040011PC040012
Church of the Holy Blood.  They have a vial containing the blood of Jesus.  Pretty cool.
PC040013
This is actually the side of the church.
PC040014
Inside the tower, with Kat’s face.
PC040015
PC040016
PC040017
PC040018
PC040019
PC040020
They had a giant music box thing that played music every 15 minutes.  So cool!

1 comment:

  1. Cool pics Rachelle! Liles reminds me of Brugge.

    ReplyDelete