Monday, December 19, 2011

Home Again!

I will post later about the Christmas markets that I went to but I wanted to include pictures and me being the genius that I am, packed my camera cord, my camera battery charger and left my camera back in England! So when I am back in England, I will update on my Christmas Market experiences. 

Last Friday was the last day of school for the term! I’m thoroughly confused about my position now (again).  The school hired me to do one to one, then had me be an in-house supply teacher, which was fine, then had me teaching a small math group for 30 minutes a day.  Literally, that was all I did.  Then I added two literacy groups which I met with for a grand total of one time each.  On Friday, I was in a meeting all morning about what was going to happen because, GASP! They did assessments the week before and all their data had changed and they had made all of these groups with the data from the beginning of the first term.  It was decided that I was going to take a group of 8 kids and teach them math, push in to a classroom for English and then do reading comprehension in the afternoons.  We’ll see how this works out. 

We also did Secret Santa which was really fun.  I got an individual (read very small) bottle of wine in a box with a wine glass and four chocolates.  Yay!  My person got a winter themed candle that smelled so good I almost didn’t want to give it away and a box of chocolates.

Friday evening was a good time.  It was our good friends Janice and Dean’s going away party as they are moving to North Carolina on Christmas Eve.  Before we left, Kat, Brandy and I ordered stuffed crust pizza from Dominos (YUM!) and Kat and I drank Whiskey Sours (EVEN MORE YUM!)  Then we headed out to Romford to see J and D one last time.  It was a fun time.  Some of our friends from Pub Club even showed up because Janice and Dean had been meeting up with us on Fridays so we all got to know each other.  Unfortunately, we had to leave early because a taxi was coming to get me and three others from Butler Court at 5 in the morning!

Let me just start out Saturday by saying I HATE long travelling days.  Even if the end result is seeing my super cool and totally normal family.  As I said, our taxi picked us up at 5, we got to the airport at 6.  Now, my flight didn’t leave till 12:30 but the other three had flights at 9 so we left very early.  It was the difference between paying 65 pounds or 15 pounds.  I had breakfast in the entrance way to the airport, taking as long as I could sit still, then had to go sit by the doors and passed out on my suitcase.  Continental wouldn’t even let me check into my flight till 8:30!  Finally, after much sleeping on my luggage, I got to go into the line and go through security.  I did some shopping because what else was I supposed to do with my 3 hours?  Then flew homewards!   Had a 5 hour connection in Newark (boo) then got into my airport and saw my dad, went home and fell asleep for good.

I have some exciting plans with my friends for while I’m home.  Sadly no pictures though since my camera broke!  I plan to hang out lots, see my friends, family and Kevin, and plan out more trips – of course!

Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment