I just flipped my calendar to September and the monthly quote is "Do something every day that scares you." Eleanore Roosevelt. Does going to school every day count? Hahaha :)
Day three of the new job, day two of the new job with kids. I think I'm doing okay.
When I arrived at the classroom on Monday, I was almost in tears. All the tables that the kids had to sit at were covered in boxes and binders. I had no idea what any of them were! So I moved them the best I could in between having a meeting for the morning, planning and hearing more about the terrors, sorry, children I would be getting the next day. I did as much work in the classroom as I could then went home at 5.
Yesterday, oh sheesh. My poor TA came in and was asking me all these questions, of which I could only answer about two. I had no idea where any of the stuff I needed was but we made it through the day. Only one child cried and I completely ignored her because the teacher from last year said sometimes she starts crying about her dog. That died. In January. So yeah. I already had to file a behavior report on two children for kicking each other in the line at the end of the day but other than that not too bad! Everyone was asking me how it went and I said, well, I didn't cry but the kids weren't great. So it wasn't good, and it wasn't a bad day.
Today, I had one of the little terrors tell me that he was frightened of me. To which I replied, "Good." Then I was told that one of the little boys wants to grow up to be a robber, like his uncle. What a great family. I kept my entire class in during break today, and had 9 kids come in during lunch. Oi vey. It will be a long 6 weeks!
That sounds very interesting! Good luck.
ReplyDeleteYou're doing great, Rach! Keep it up and try to tell the one kid that maybe being a robber isn't a great idea. :p
ReplyDelete