"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." St. Augustine
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Bring on the complaints!
Today, my head teacher came in after school to let me know she had been getting complaints about me. She said it was the usual first year teacher complaints and the fact that they hadn't gotten the teacher they were expecting. I feel that if this were to happen at home, the parents would understand a bit more. However, there was one complaint that she shared with me specifically. One parent felt that I was not challenging his child enough and that I wasn't giving any homework. Ironic point, I had just given out the homework for next Tuesday. The reason it wasn't given out yesterday when it was supposed to was because the other year 3 teacher didn't give hers out so neither did I. Also, he's had spelling homework to do since Monday and reading every night....what was that about no homework? Yesh people, they're year 3 and it's the first full week back. Please give me some room to work here. Hope everyone else's week has been less stressful than mine! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's crummy - you show those parents who's boss, man! Good luck.
ReplyDelete