My life has been full of ups and downs lately. My classroom is very stressful, they drain me of energy and every day, I come home wanting to do nothing more than pass out and wait to wake up as late as possible the next day. I do love being a teacher, but those kids man, they are a handful. Here are a few stories from them.
We were doing poems, and talking about rhyming words. So I threw out at. "Words that rhyme with ‘at’. Ready, go.” “Shat.”
I’ve got a kid who thought the riots were cool. He told the TA in my room that it was neat that all those people got all that stuff for free. And he smashed a car and had the cops called on him. How sad, year 3.
It’s been a rough time, my class is insane. They never stop talking, even when yelled at, bribed, spoken to by a TA, or praised for good behaviour. It’s driving me insane. I have cried at least twice since the beginning of the school year. Their teacher from last year said that one thing that worked was a traffic light noise-meter and then let me borrow it. And Adeline told me she didn’t want me to leave, which I wouldn’t of course. I usually am okay after the kids leave, but their previous teacher was talking to me and it made me cry today. Haha, here’s to a better week next week! I think I need to plan a trip, even if it’s a short one, just to have something to look forward to.
No comments:
Post a Comment