Sunday, May 20, 2012

Afternoon Tea at the Ritz

When I stopped working at HG, my fellow year 3 teacher Adeline suggested that we go and get tea together at the Ritz.  I said, why yes! But one day when I have money.  It took us till May to get it together enough to go out to this.  And we invited poor Lucy, the woman who inherited the bundle of mess that was my classroom.  She’s not having a good time with them.

Anyways, Lucy and I left BC and met Adeline at the train station where I, an American, led them to the Ritz.  Yup, I know my way around London better than two Brits, one of whom has lived here for ages. :)

Here’s the Ritz! It’s a very swanky place to go and have tea. You need to be wearing the proper attire and everything or you will be asked to leave.

P5190010

Super secret note, this is actually the side entrance.

P5190009

This is the real entrance. 

P5190001

Adeline and Lucy in front of the dining room for the afternoon tea.

P5190002

Me and Adeline waiting for our tea service to start.

P5190003

It was absolutely gorgeous there!

P5190004

Lucy and Adeline at the table.

P5190005 

Me with the super heavy lamp in the corner.

P5190006

The entire bottome plate on this tray was filled with sandwiches earlier in the afternoon, but we being the little piggies that we are, ate most of them.

P5190007

My yummy third dessert.  Needless to say, we had to walk around a LOT after this lunch.  I didn’t eat anything for the rest of the day.

P5190008

 

I also got my own tea kettle! Exciting!

 

P5190011

Afterwards, we walked into all of the fancy schmancy stores and then ended up in Debenhams where I indulged myself in looking ridiculous while Adeline and Lucy checked out super cool hats.

 

It was a good time and I hope to do it again sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment