Today, we had a quick “staff meeting” during lunch. It was really my going away party. The staff was really nice, but the speech by the head teacher was slightly awkward. She said, “We’re so sorry to see you go.” But then looked at the new teacher who took over the class and said, “I’ve got to be careful about what I say because we’re happy that you’re here too.” So kind. Pretty sure it’s not my fault or the new teacher’s fault you don’t know what you have to do to get Canadians their visas so they can come over and work in the job YOU promised them.
Anyways, I got some great gifts. Sorta. The impression I’m guessing my co-teacher left the other teachers at HG was that I was a broke alcoholic. I got 5 bottles of very good ales and 60 quid. And a HG ruler and pencil case which I thought was quite cool.
My ales. All came individually wrapped.
My cool pencil case and ruler!
My co-teacher got this for me, clearly she doesn’t know me at all. I just said thanks and left it on the table at BC so someone who would use it could take it.
Aw, then as I was letting the year 4’s out to go home, one of my former students ran out of the door carrying a bunch of flowers, that I fretted about all night! She also gave me a personalized slab of chocolate. :)
My flowers!
So cute!
After work, I went out to drinks with another teacher and we chatted about how strange my year group partner really was and then Josh and Kat joined us! Then they joined me and the rest of the pub club crew at pub club. With Janice and Dean which is odd and funny because at this time last year, Janice, Dean and Brandy hated each other. Now they get along well. Nice to see opinions can change.
No comments:
Post a Comment