Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bye Kevin!

This past month has been amazing.  Kevin came to visit me in London and we had the absolute greatest time.  Sadly though, all good things must come to an end and this morning we had to wake up bright and early to go to Heathrow to drop him off.  He then spent his last two hours as follows: 45 minutes was spent standing in line waiting to check his baggage, 5 minutes was spent hugging me and saying goodbye and the other 70 minutes was spent getting to his gate and boarding his plane. :(

We had good times though.  We explored London a lot, we went to the Tower of London, St Paul's Cathedral, Regent's Park, the Doctor Who Experience, Trafalgar Square, Covent Gardens, and Portobello Market.  All in all, it was good times.  These last three days were nice though. I took Kevin out to Ciao Bella for a last night of just us on Thursday then we were supposed to go to a wine tasting dinner with Danielle and her date Heavens but it turned out to be a scam! The guy who was organizing the events had apparently been holding them at this one place and then never showed.  So the guy who owned the place lost money too.  Ger, oh well, we had gotten all dolled up too and then ended up back at Ciao Bella.  Still amazing food though.  Then, Kevin and I went home and watched the new Futurama and talked until 1:30.  Well, he talked, I sleepily listened. :)  Woke up at 8:30 and left for Heathrow.  So sad.  Don't know how I'm going to handle my family being here and then leaving, it was bad with just Kevin!

That's about all my life is right now.  I am not planning on any trips for the near future so it may be some slow updates. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment