The reason I have not updated since last week is not much has been going on. I was supposed to go to a museum both Saturday and Sunday and didn’t make it into Central London either day. Saturday it was because we were supposed to go to a house party that was supposed to start at 1, didn’t till 6:30 and Sunday, we couldn’t get into London without spending eight hours on a train. (slight exaggeration.)
Instead of going into Central London this weekend, Danielle and I had a movie day on Sunday. We watched two movies at the Vue in Romford. If you have a chance, go see Conviction, which Dad would like, and The Next Three Days. Both are amazing and will make you tear up at parts.
Today, I was in a Year 5 class covering for a guy who lives in BC. His class was nice but chatty. And holy cow, I’ve had a lot of interest in me being American lately. The class kept asking me where I was from, where I lived (as in state, which they think means a different country, think EU), if I had been in the World Trade Center, if i saw it fall, how I felt, if I hated terrorists…the list goes on and on. It was so strange. I had pretty much the same thing happen to me in a Year 3 class yesterday afternoon, minus the strange 9/11 fascination.
Also, I had to teach P.E. today which was a dance unit. I did the lesson which was supposed to take me 45 minutes. It was ridiculous, so I came up with a game to play instead. Thanks to Mrs Wilcox for teaching PED 245 and giving us those wonderful ideas. While I was looking for someone to pick to be it, I asked the class who had a birthday near July 4th. Then asked them why that was an important date. I didn’t expect them to get it, but their guesses were horrible! I mentioned my country, where I was from, colonies, the year 1776. You know what my guesses were to what happened on this date?
“9/11!”
“When the twin towers fell!”
“The terrorist attacks!”
“Your birthday.” To which I replied, “In 1776?!”
Finally, I took pity on them and told them it was the day that one of their colonies decided they had had enough and declared independence. :)
This weekend, Danielle and I plan on dragging our butts to the British Museum and the V&A Museum. Her friend just moved over here for a semester of school and she is living slightly more to the West, so it’s a new chance to explore a different part of London! Exciting! So you will get pictures of that at some point.
ALSO!
I AM GETTING WIRELESS INTERNET TOMORROW!
This is so exciting because I will no longer have to use my phone for internet or worry about going over 3 GB of internet a month. Considering it costs me L15 for my 3GB, it sucks rationing it out. But now I will be able to video Skype!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not that I’m excited. Danielle and I made signs for the guy who is supposed to be installing it because he came and did the wrong thing when he was supposed to install her internet nearly a month ago.
Okay, hope this satisfies your Rachel craving for a week or so. Because next time I update, I will have pictures for you!
Awesome Rachelle - can't wait for you to get "real" internet! Love you!
ReplyDelete