Sunday, November 6, 2011

Guy Fawkes Weekend!

This weekend was Guy Fawkes weekend or Bon Fire night.  We had a good time.  It was Heavens’ birthday so we went to pub club.  Brandy and I got yelled at because we went early for dinner but we were hungry so oh well. :)  Then, the coolest thing happened! They were selling glow stick glasses! 

300145_707651952869_21807254_35920769_1430191970_n

Me with a glow stick bracelet and glasses.

315016_708234570299_21807254_35925637_1908405163_n

Kat and I rocking the glow stick glasses, we had a good 45 minute walk home from the pub and we wore these the whole way.

316691_707655505749_21807254_35920789_54361078_n
Me, Rodger, and Brandy

319247_707652955859_21807254_35920772_537849681_n
Janice rocking a monocle.

On Saturday, Brandy and I spent pretty much the whole day in London.  We went to Portobello and then Harrods, then got tickets to go see fireworks.  It was good times.

harrods

Here’s Harrods all lit up for Christmas.

This was my first time ever actually exploring Harrods, Danielle and I went in last year and walked out soon after because we were so hungry.  It was so much fun.  They had an Egyptian elevator section. 

harrods 3

The girl in white is someone that is paid to stand in the balcony and sing songs to people as they are in the area.  How cool is that?!

303821_708234969499_21807254_35925646_244366250_n
harrods1

317728_708235293849_21807254_35925648_714166900_n


392621_708236022389_21807254_35925663_349491641_n

And a Harry Potter store! It was decked out with Harry Potter stuff.  So cool.
harry potter


 Signed by the cast!


Oh yeah, I went to Hogwarts!


Harry's a lot shorter than I imagined!


They also had various parts of the store decked out for winter wonderland Christmas sales.  So I took pictures.  Of course.

300222_708235722989_21807254_35925655_744969705_n

In the toy section, they had a FULL Buzz Lightyear made out of Legos! SUPER COOL!
380332_708236571289_21807254_35925679_360528771_n


My favorite part, and I know my grandma's would be too, there were giant sized stuffed teddy bears around the store.






When we were done buying everything we wanted in Harrods, we went to the Albert Memorial which was just as shiny as I remembered it.  I kept trying to bring people here but for a long time, I couldn’t remember how to get here and I’d go almost far enough and then turn around before seeing it.  It was very frustrating but very nice to see it again.


317227_708234116209_21807254_35925630_1323986103_n

The Royal Albert Hall.

389092_708233946549_21807254_35925628_786707855_n

The Albert Memorial

After that, we went to fireworks for Bonfire night.  The fire here was MASSIVE! I was a good twenty feet away and it was still ginormous.
300279_708233133179_21807254_35925619_296945210_n





They had some excellent fireworks.








That was my weekend! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment