Monday, February 14, 2011

Long Week!

Hello, it’s been a while since my last update, it’s been a busy week! I started my new job on Monday and it’s kept me kinda busy. 

Last Sunday, Danielle and I went to the Chinese New Year celebration in London. It was SO packed. Picture the NYS fair and then cram all those people onto two or three streets. We spent five minutes going down a road that was terribly short! We were packed in and had to fight our way through the crowds.

DSCF0808

This is a view down on street that had lanterns everywhere!

DSCF0811

A guy dressed up to hand out menus for a Chinese restaurant.

DSCF0812

This was the wishing tree, you would get a bag full of rice and you had to make a wish and throw it over the branches.  If it stuck, your wish came true, if it did not, oh well.

 

The pictures below are the three things you want during the new year.DSCF0813DSCF0814DSCF0815

 

They were selling these cool paper dragons for a pound! Danielle and I had to get one!

DSCF0818

 

This was a truck cleverly hidden as a dragon for the weekend.

DSCF0819

They had British born Chinese people who knew how to make the dragon dance do this, sadly this was the closest we could get.

DSCF0820

 

They had an Iron Man in Piccadilly.

DSCF0821

 

This shirt made me laugh. I’ve met tons of parents here that do not speak the language and I kind of want to buy it and wear it one day.

DSCF0822

 

South Street = <3

DSCF0826

No comments:

Post a Comment